“Governor, let’s leave the attorneys and staff out of this. Just pick up the phone and call me”
LINCOLN, NE – Sen. Bob Krist today made one final push to get Gov. Pete Ricketts to agree to a second debate.
“I am personally requesting that Gov. Ricketts agree to a debate offered by KETV-7, the Omaha ABC affiliate. It’s time to set aside the petty debate-debate,” Krist said.
“Governor, let’s leave the attorneys and staff out of this. Just pick up the phone and call me. You can reach me on my mobile phone day or night. You have my number, call me,” Krist said.
Last week, KETV officially invited both campaigns to participate in a televised debate, and are open to any date, at any time. The debate would be moderated by veteran journalist and KETV anchor Rob McCartney, featuring questions from KETV reporters, and held in their Omaha studio without an audience.
KETV also indicated they are interested in partnering with both Nebraska Educational Telecommunications and C-SPAN to assure statewide and national coverage.
“The Governor promised three debates, and so far we’ve only had one, the State Fair debate on August 30,” Krist said.
“Nebraska voters deserve a fair and open discussion of the most important issues facing our state. Please Governor, just pick up the phone and call me. Let’s get this done,” Krist said.
Paid for by Krist for Nebraska, 7365 N 122nd Avenue Circle, Omaha, NE 68142